Friday, September 25, 2015

My KitchenAid Stand Mixer Makes Baking Fun Again

kitchenaid artisan stand mixer
KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer

KitchenAid Stand Mixer - A Baker's Best Friend!


Over the years, I have really enjoyed baking bread and cookies and decorating cakes. I have burned up so many hand mixers, it isn't funny.

Then, when arthritis settled into my hands, I feared I would have to give up baking, especially cookies, breads, and decorating icings that are so difficult to mix.

I still have trouble using an icing bag when making icing flowers or garlands, but mixing the icing is no problem.

The first time I saw KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer in action, my daughter made whipped cream for a dessert topping. Light, creamy, and airy! I was impressed. But, when I watched her mix yeast dough in the mixer, I was hooked. The machine would knead my bread for me!

This stand mixer is heavy and powerful enough with 10 speeds to mix heavy bread or stiff bread, cookie, and icing batters. The tilt-back head provides easy access to the mixture in the bowl. The 5-quart bowl locks into place--you don't have to catch this one! A pouring shield with a chute makes it easy to add ingredients. It comes with a flat beater, dough hook, and wire whip.

The stainless mixing bowl cleans up easily. My daughter used her stainless mixing bowl as a pan to bake the skirt of a Barbie doll cake for her daughter's birthday!

I have had this mixer since 2008. This stand mixer has given me back the joy of baking for my family. I chose the empire red color, but with 42 colors to select from, you can easily match your kitchen décor!

No comments:

Post a Comment