Friday, October 16, 2015

Cheesy Low Carb Spinach Stuffed Meatloaf Recipe

spinach
Photo: Nourbese

Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Meatloaf Recipe


Spinach is one of those nutritional powerhouses that many kids refuse to eat. Even some adults don't care for spinach. Personally, I love it. I love it raw, I love it cooked, I love it in casseroles, quiche, salads, and more.
 
This Cheesy Low Carb Spinach Stuffed Meatloaf recipe was one of my mother-in-law's favorite meatloaf meals. I don't know where she got it. I was so happy to find it in the recipes my father-in-law gave to me after she passed away. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
 
 
Leafy green vegetables, including spinach,
 have lots of antioxidants and are
good for your health!

 

Cheesy Low Carb Spinach Stuffed Meatloaf


Combine: 
  • 1 ½ lbs. ground beef
  • ¾ cups bread crumbs
  • ¼ cup egg substitute
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
Mix lightly but thoroughly. Put waxed paper put into bottom of 14x10 rectangle baking dish.

Add and mix well:

  • 1 pkg. drained chopped spinach
  • ½ cup mozzarella cheese low fat
  • 3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
Spread mixture over dish leaving ¾” around the edges. Start at short end and roll up in jelly roll fashion to seal, making sure not to roll waxed paper inside. Place log seam side down on a roasting pan. Bake uncovered 1 hour at 350 degrees F.

Spread on top:
  • 4 tbsp. ketchup on top
Sprinkle with:
  • ¼ cup low fat mozzarella cheese
Bake 15 minutes. Let stand a few minutes. Cut into 1” slices to serve.


5 More Spinach Recipes:


Spinach Fritata

 
 

How to Make Crustless Spinach Quiche

 
 

Spinach Balls

 
 

Creamed Steakhouse Spinach

 
 

Spinach and Feta Filo Triangles

 

No comments:

Post a Comment