Tuesday, August 11, 2015

No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe

pumpkin cheesecake
(c) Linda Pogue

No Bake Pumpkin Dessert


One of the staple items in my pantry is pumpkin puree. It is so versatile. You can make bread, cookies, pies, and even soup using the puree.

While it is so hot outside (and in my un-airconditioned kitchen), I am searching for recipes I can make that do not require an oven.

I found this recipe in my mother-in-laws recipe collection. I don't remember her making it, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out.

I tweaked it a bit. I didn't have pumpkin pie spice, so I substituted cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg for it.

The pie doesn't have as strong a pumpkin flavor as traditional pumpkin pie does. It is sweet without being too sweet.


Jesse
Jesse
(c) Linda Pogue
I served it at a recent Sunday lunch get-together. Everyone loved it. There were only two pieces left to bring home, which was fine with Charles, since he liked it so much.

Jesse, my grandson, had hamburger helper and some of my pumpkin cheesecake.

Other than hamburger helper, his options were pork roast with vegetables, fried chicken, baked chicken, two kinds of beans, corn, three kinds of salad, cornbread, chips, cookies, three kinds of cake, chocolate pudding, and ice cream, but what shows on his plate is all he got.

I think his mom sent him back for some veggies. By the way, he liked the pumpkin cheesecake, but said the best part was the Cool Whip on top. I think he thought there needed to be more Cool Whip and less pumpkin.



Did You Know?

Pumpkin is full of beta-carotene, an important antioxidant!


 

No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe

 
pumpkin cheesecake
(c) Linda Pogue
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. ginger
  • 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
  • 16 oz. softened cream cheese
  • 7 oz. jar marshmallow cream
  • 8 oz. Cool Whip
  • 2 graham cracker pie crusts

Instructions:
  1. Pour canned pumpkin puree into a large mixing bowl.  Add cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
  2. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese and the marshmallow cream.
  3. Fold the pumpkin mixture into the cheese mixture.
  4. Pour into two graham cracker pie crusts. Smooth to the edges.
  5. Top each pie with half the Cool Whip.
  6. Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours.
Photo: Petr Kratochvil
 
Do you like desserts made with canned pumpkin?



Please Comment Below

No comments:

Post a Comment