Sunday, August 9, 2015

Celebrating 50,000 Plus Page Views!

Thank you image created by Linda Pogue

Celebrating 50,000+ Page Views

Thank You!


I started this blog in May of 2010. For all of May and June that year, I didn't have a single page view. Over the next 57 months, I had a total of 23,247 page views. That's an average of 408 a month (rounded).  Not good. I thought quite often about abandoning the blog.

Instead, I was working on articles (lenses) for Squidoo. I had managed to get my sales up on Squidoo so that I received a payment almost every month. Even so, my page views were about 2,500 a month. Squidoo was bought out by HubPages, so all my Squidoo articles were transferred to HubPages. On HubPages, I have not done as well. My page views dropped below 400 per month. HubPages is trying to keep ahead of all the Google updates and regain their position after the acquisition of Squidoo, but it has been a long, hard road, and will be a while before they achieve the goal, if ever.

In May 2015, I decided to start moving my articles from HubPages to my own blog, even though I only had 399 page views  on my blog in April 2015. After moving some of my articles to my Blogger blog, Around Mom's Kitchen Table, I saw a jump to 5,267 page views the first month. Encouraged, I wrote some new articles, and moved still more from HubPages to my blog.

Yesterday, I have reached more than 50,000 page views since May 2010. That may not sound like much to some of you, but the best part is that of those 50,000 plus views, over 25,000 have been since May 1, 2015. In other words, in the last almost four months, I have had more views than all the rest of the time put together. My blog is growing!

I have each of you, my readers, to thank for this fantastic readership increase. At first, I was posting one article a day. On July 27, I decided to up that to two articles a day to see if readers would be interested in reading that much from me. My readership went up, as did the page views. On August 6, I decided to make it three articles a day. My readership went up again. I will do my best to maintain three articles a day.

My daughter, Susan Elliott, has agreed to be a regular contributor to this blog, and on occasion, my husband, Charles, writes an article or two for me, too.

Thank you so much for reading my blog. And a very big and special THANK YOU to those of you who comment on the articles. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate you all.

Please let me know if there is a topic you would like to read about.

 
Please Comment Below

No comments:

Post a Comment