Sunday, June 28, 2015

Quick and Easy Chicken Alfredo Recipe

My family loves chicken and chicken casseroles. That's good, because a little chicken can feed a lot of people when you use it in a casserole. One of our favorite dishes is my Quick and Easy Chicken Alfredo recipe.

I have taken this to covered dish dinners, and I seldom have any to bring home.

Quick and Easy Chicken Alfredo Recipe

1 can chunk chicken
1 (15 to 16 oz.) jar alfredo sauce
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 package egg noodles
1 tbsp. minced garlic (optional)
1/2 sweet onion, chopped very fine (optional)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated  
  1. Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
  2. While noodles cook, open and drain chicken. Break the chicken up into small pieces.
  3. In a large bowl, mix alfredo sauce, parmesan cheese, garlic and onion. Mix well, then add chicken. Heat until simmering.
  4. Drain noodles.
  5. Stir chicken mixture into noodles, and pour into a 9"X13" baking dish.  Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top, and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until the cheese on top melts.
I usually leave out the onions if I am taking the dish to a covered dish dinner, since many people do not like onion. However, when I make this for my family, I usually add the onion.

I realize that this is a shortcut chicken alfredo recipe, since I don't make any of the ingredients myself. Some people have a problem with that. However, after a long day at work, a quick meal like this is perfect to allow for more family time. I prefer family time to working in the kitchen time.

Photo credit: Stacey Sauvago

More Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes


No comments:

Post a Comment