Saturday, November 23, 2013

My Daughter's Birthday--37 Years Ago

My daughter's 37th birthday is coming up in two days. Happy birthday, sweetheart!

It is so hard to think of her as more than the little baby girl I brought home from the hospital so long ago (but not really long ago at all!). Actually, it seems closer to yesterday than years ago.

She was a preemie and had to stay in the hospital for a week before she was released. Since I was nursing, I had to stay, too. In the doctor's words, "The cow has to stay with the calf." Not too impressive, but true even so.

She was so tiny, she couldn't fit into the newborn clothes we had purchased and received as gifts for her, so my mother sewed some baby doll clothes for her. They were still a bit big, but at least she had clothes!

Before she was born, my husband, Charles, bought her first dress.

This is my favorite time of year. My daughter's birthday is November 25, my wedding anniversary is November 28 (my sweet baby girl was my best first anniversary gift!), and my son's birthday is December 5. Three of my six grandchildren were born in September and October.

Image courtesy of George GrimmHowell.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mom. You made me cry. I love you and wish I could see you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you and your family, too. Wish I could see you all. Love you bunches!

      Delete