Sunday, December 5, 2010

Kitchenaid Pasta Attachments


I have been thinking about going back to basics recently. Don't get me wrong, I have no desire to wash clothes in an iron pot over a campfire. At the same time, it is time to cut back and start doing more for ourselves. With the economy the way it is, I just want to start making more stuff at home. That includes using my Kitchenaid to make homemade pasta.

I don't have the pasta attachment for my Kitchenaid, as yet, to cut the pasta dough, yet. (Are you listening, Santa?) Until then, I will have to use my trusty rolling pin to roll out the dough and cut it into strips for fettucine. Hopefully, that won't be too long, since my hands really bother me if I put much pressure on them. That is the whole reason I have a Kitchenaid stand mixer to start with. I love to bake, especially cookies and breads. These doughs are too dense to mix with a regular mixer--it burns up the motor. With the stand mixer, I can mix up a batch of bread and knead it without pain.

If you are interested in making homemade pasta, visit Kitchenaid Pasta Attachments & Recipes for lots of recipes and how-to videos.

Do you have the Kitchenaid pasta attachment? If so, please comment and let me know how you like it.

4 comments:

  1. I love making spinach pasta. I don't have the Kitchenaid pasta attachments, either, but maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Purplecone,
    Thanks for commenting. Maybe Santa will be nice to both of us? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about the kithen aid pasta attachments, never heard of it, I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Toyin O.,
    I have been busy with other things this year and have just come back to this blog. I appreciate your post. I hope you enjoyed trying the pasta attachments.

    ReplyDelete