Friday, January 22, 2010

Final Laundry Soap Review

In my last post, I discussed the homemade laundry soap I was trying. Just thought I would post a note to let you know that I gave some away to my daughter (don't know if she has tried it, yet), and have just about used up my supply. I will definitely be making more. This soap doesn't make me itch. The persistent rash I have had on my arms is gone. And to top off everything, the clothes actually get clean and smell great!

Over the weekend, I plan to make more so that we won't run out. After using this homemade variety, I do not ever plan to use store bought laundry soap again. It makes me wonder what other household products would be just as good, or better than, store bought products. One thing I have tried, and found to work wonderfully, is using a quarter cup of white vinegar with 3/4 cup of water instead of fabric softener in my wash. The clothes do not smell at all like vinegar, and they are much softer than when I do not use a softener at all. It has been a long time since I used fabric softener in my laundry (skin irritations), so I can't really tell if it is as soft or softer than store bought fabric softener. I do like it, though.

I have some recipes for other homemade household products. I think I will try them out, too.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog! We seem to have the same approach to many things and I'll be looking around some more. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete