Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Money Saving Tip for Laundry

As an asthmatic with numerous allergies, cleaning house is a real 'chore,' since I often cannot breathe while using commercial products. Recently, I found a recipe for homemade laundry detergent made from simple, inexpensive ingredients. It did not take long to cook up and has a fresh, clean smell. I am really looking forward to using it, starting tomorrow after it sets up into a gel. I will post here to let you know what I think of the mixture after using it tomorrow.

If you want to try it for yourself, visit Making Homemade Laundry Soap.

According to Crystal Miller's figuring, this money saving laundry soap recipe costs approximately 1¢ per load to use. At this point, the only recommendation I have is to make sure you follow directions on the size of the container you mix the laundry soap in. Otherwise, you will have a foaming mess to clean up.

At my house, even with just the two of us, now that the children are grown and moved away, laundry is a major expense. This recipe should help make that expense more managable.

Image courtesy of Karen Arnold.

No comments:

Post a Comment